Friday 17 June 2011

Evian Bottle Lights

I was given these trendy little evian water bottles (designed by Paul Smith) about 18 months ago and straight away I knew I wanted to hang them in a cluster over lights in our hallway. Finally, I have done it! The reason for the delay was because in order to hang them, I needed to cut the bottoms off and the only tool I had for this task (Ephrem's Bottle Cutter) didn't seem to be cutting them so well. So there began the epic search for a tool/facility that would achieve the desired slick cut. The only tools my research led me too were far too expensive, I also went to several glass cutting studios, tile cutters and heavy duty machinary-hire places...all to no avail. I even tried the old tie-string-round-the-bottle-and-set-fire-to-it method which some people assured me would work, but it didnt. Eventually I decided to give my Ephrem's Bottle Cutter one last go. I managed to get 3 good, but not quite perfect, cuts, which I am very happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment